Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jitterbug Cell Phone for Seniors

My mom is just turned 80 years old recently. Her eyesight and hearing isn’t what it used to be. She has problems using her cell phone complaining that it is too hard to hear, make calls, and use. She has all but given up on using cell phones because she thinks they are too complicated. I did not want her to give up using a cell phone because that is the primary way I can keep in contact with her. So I did some research and found out that there are cell phones made just for senior citizens.

The Jitterbug cell phone for seniors is a cell phone designed specifically for seniors in mind. The key feature of this cell phone is that it is easy to use without the complications. The volume is loud and clear and the buttons are large so that seniors can see them. The screen also shows big numbers so that it does not cause you to strain your eyes. I knew this was exactly the type of cell phone my mom would want. So I bought the phone with prepaid minutes and gave it to her. My mom seems to really like using the phone. She has told me that the phone is pretty simplistic and it is not hard for her to use. She could also dial 0 to reach an operator if she needed help. Some other features on this phone include a calendar with reminders. It helps my mom keep to her schedule because she is pretty forgetful sometimes.

All in all, the Jitterbug is a good easy to use phone for seniors. It has a pay as you go plan so it is pretty flexible. My mom really likes the phone and I am able to contact her more often. That is what matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment